When I Had To Wait , Wait And Wait..............

I was counting the number of autorickshaws passing by on the road . I also played a game of golf , which I din't even know existed in my cell phone . I was looking at my watch every now and then very restlessly .
If you are wondering why I was upto all such wierd things , Well , I was waiting outside a saree showroom for my mother , who was shopping inside from more than 90 minutes now. I had the feeling it was the longest 90 mins of my life.

By now , the watchman of the showroom was my friend . I told him to suggest his manager to have an air-conditioned ' waiting room ' for men with berths and a T.V . He thought it was a joke and laughed. I observed that he couldn't bare with my sillyness , which came from restlesness. So, I went back to the car , listened to some ' apparently hyper excited ' RJs' & some familiar songs on the radio and also discovered another new game in my cell phone .

Ok, enough is enough . I thought I'll storm into the showroom and pull my mother and my aunt ( who was accompanying her ) into the car and drive away.
With this rush of blood , I got out of the car , banged the door back and walked towards the entrance in ' Rajnikanth Style ' . Just as I was entering , I saw them coming out . Suddenly , I became cold and I din't know what to say .
I asked " Did you buy the showroom ? "
"Haha , No . 3 sarees . "
"So 100 minutes divided by 3 .................................."

With this mental calculation on my mind, I turned the car towards the ' Entry ' gate instead of the ' Exit 'gate . Another car was coming in ,we both applied sudden brakes . He yelled- " Kannu Kaansalva ? ". I said " Sorry " and turned the car back and exited through the exit gate.

Asusually the roads were ' chock-o-block ' with vehicles , which din't help my restlesness. I was grumbling at everyone . Just then , I saw a person crossing the road right royally like a king , signalling me to stop . I purposefully increased my speed and applied the brakes at the last minute , giving him what you call a ' jhalak ' . He said in a rowdy tone - " Yake guru ,road cross madtha iddini , kannu kaanslava ? " . Oh God , Did I need an immediate eye check up or what !
That Clown was shaken up by my 'jhalak' and he was still commenting something in his dirty language . 'Mr. Clown' was full of attitude and I was sure I had dented it . I turned a deaf ear towards his extraneous comments as I din't want to pick up a fight.

Bangaloreans would get the number 1 spot for ' Road Rage'. People are never short of a word here . Though I don't like it that way , I had few special words to say to my friend, ' Mr.Clown' ,ofcourse I can't tell you what they were . I left immediately before I could hear anything from him .

My Mom was quick to ask me - " Do you think you are a Hero ? "
i said " No. All this was because of your 100 mins of shopping . I'm not that patient . "

"Ok, I'll never call you next time . "

That was what I wanted and soI din't utter a word . At last , I was pleased to reach home after what seemed like a long outing . An outing where I learnt a lesson . The lesson was - " Never go shopping with Mummy ". If I can generalize - " Never go shopping with women. ! ! ! "



( Hey , I've exaggerated this whole episode a bit . But it was only to make it's reading more fun . Cheers ! ! )

13 additions to the crap:

Anonymous February 3, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

hey...understand how it is to wait, when someone else has to do all the shopping...but,dude..all women dont take tat long to shop!!!this clearly means...u got to accompany more women...to figure out if they take tis long or not ;)!!!

Arun February 5, 2008 at 9:30 PM  

yes maga, u hav exagerrated it a bit as that character would never suit u unlikely to ur calm composure..
anyways,it was fun reading the story..

Unknown February 7, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

Good one :) But just for the record,Vijay takes as much time as I do and sometimes more when shopping :D So ,you cannot really generalize

Lakshman Srikanth D February 10, 2008 at 7:47 AM  

Hey, interesting writeup! but next time change your focus....... i mean the whole theme! then it would be more interesting. :)

Anonymous February 11, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

'Never go shopping with women'??? - Let's wait and watch ;-)

- Anu

Anonymous February 20, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

hmmm..o___0

Sunil Kosuru February 21, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

hmmm ur right never shop with a women

Anonymous February 22, 2008 at 7:11 PM  

heheh...yeah it was fun!...enjoyed it :D

Anonymous February 28, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Hey...Im a woman and I hate shopping..I mean it...It sucks...Especially shopping for jeans when you HAVE to...It takes me 10 mins flat...My modus operandi..SPOT , try and buy ..DONE...the 2nd step is omitted at times too..

test March 19, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

lol.. it was fun reading something which usually happens

Tina March 28, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

Well wat can i say...m runnin outta words here...first i appriciate ur honesty...and 2ndly i was jus goin to mention..now its ur mom later it could be ur wife ..wat will u do then? :P but then ur smart and quickly generalized the statement

Kudos to u
Tee

sourav March 28, 2008 at 1:07 PM  

kool stuff.....i can feel the amount of exasperation you faced there :D

Matangi Mawley April 5, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

"never go shopping with women.."!

well i think, it s true smetimes..

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP