A Journey To Nostalgia...




On a blustery , cloudy evening , sitting in my balcony , smelling the wet sand , sipping away a mug full of hot evening coffee , watching school children play in the small puddles that were formed after the rain , the high school girls carrying colorful umbrellas walking along the street giggling along , “Oh my…..!! Feels so nostalgic” . I was mesmerized into a valley of thoughts, feelings and sweet memories . I was in mood to rejuvenate. “Wow , Childhood was fun ….” .
Those days are over . Those days when mummy used to tell moral stories at night before going to bed . Those days when I waited for my dad till he comes back from work to take me for a ride on his bike . Those days when my grand parents used to take me to a children’s park every evening . Those days when I cried when my teacher punished me . Oh, so many…….....

Maybe I enjoy re-living it now more than how I felt then . But no denying that it was the best part of my life . Life is a journey . Both good and bad memories are a part of that journey . But the fact is – ‘Bad memories makes the sweet ones sweeter’ . By now I invented that re-living childhood memories is the most efficient stress buster . I was in no mood to end my nostalgic journey . So , I decided to walk to my primary school which is just a stroll away from my place.

Walking down the street , I observed a lady and a small girl with her . The girl was crying for an ice-cream after seeing another kid having one . Couldn’t prevent a smile on my face . I also came across an old woman kissing her grandchild on her cheek for reciting a rhyme . I was on a smiling spree . My second invention of the evening – A stroll across a street isn’t actually boring .

I reached the school , entered it with permission . It was empty as it was almost 6 in the evening . I passed through the basket ball court recollecting that we used to play everything other than basket ball there. I walked through the assembly hall , my class rooms and the playground . School friends , incidents involving them , all those memories kept popping up simultaneously . It was once that I said that my dad was an AGM in a company when my friend told his dad was the GM , unaware that GM was a higher post . Luckily he din’t know that too . Another reason to smile though . Anyway , I was feeling so blissful about the whole evening . I started heading back home wondering how life changes with time , how even bad memories manage to bring out a smile and how time moves so fast.

I was lost in a totally different world altogether . The world of past , innocence , pure affection and love . Just then I got a call on my cell phone . It was my friend – “ Hey , How about a movie tomorrow Morning Show uh?? ” . Yes , that ended my ‘ Journey to Nostalgia ’. After a short sojourn of the past, I was back to the real ,pestiferous, present world . Cell phones , movies , bikes , lap-tops ………….more gadgets , less time for feelings , apparent fun but less or no fun , responsibilities , competition and a monotonous life . With people factitiously getting ‘broad minded’ and ‘modernized’ ,it’s become hard to find a seat for human values .The world is getting dissolute. Whatever it is , Human Beings are fallible & The World is still a beautiful place to live in . It’s only that we have to live and re-live our experiences to enhance freshness in life.
And ofcourse I watched the movie the next day .


(P.S – Its my first shot at fiction . A ‘goal’ or a ‘miss’ is for you to say …..
Cheers..!! )

39 additions to the crap:

Anonymous March 18, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Definitely a goal...
world is still a beautiful place to live in...

Sunil Kosuru March 18, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

A walk down memory lane.. yes anger today may look foolish 2 years later, n we may laugh at ourselves. very good post :)
feelin like visitin my school :)

sourav March 18, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

i dont have words to describe this post.
u touched my heart. how beautifully u have described it.every single word was perfect.
one of your best post keep shining like this.

hey i have also written about my childhood days....

http://absurd-stories.blogspot.com/2008/01/blurry-moments.html#links

test March 18, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

def a goal.. i was lost again reading ur awesome work.. i visualised not only ur school but also mine in that.. keep blogging dude..

Unknown March 18, 2008 at 2:38 PM  

dude ..the template is awesome ..

Collection Of Stars March 18, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

I loved it :)
The last paragraph sums it all up.

Setu March 18, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

we can always find ways to make our lives in "the real ,pestiferous, present world" better.
nice post.

vanilla sky March 18, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

lovely post!
nice flow of words and thoughts!

Matangi Mawley March 18, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

loved this part- ppl getting mordernized.. hard to find seat for human values.. so true!
gr8 post!

Comfortably Numb March 18, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

Life's not as bad as it seems to be :D
Cheers and a nice post!

ash89 March 18, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

nice post...very touching...

Deepz March 19, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

nice post..keep up the pace..

manzdesai March 19, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

gud write up ther....
ur writing does opens up eyes....
keep the ink flowin....

kanika March 19, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

gud yaar nice posting and i like it ur views and i love that place keep it uip...

Ilyas Kazi March 20, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

What a great place.... Totally refreshed.......

Cheers...
Ilyas Kazi

Arjun March 20, 2008 at 3:45 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arjun March 20, 2008 at 3:52 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown March 20, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

hey arjun its really good,i enjoyed reading your blog,your vocabulary is really good..

Arjun March 20, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

ilyas and kanika

That place was not where i was.....
Moreover it's a fiction..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Ramya March 21, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

Beautiful piece of work there...ya all the things u have declared is the open truth of life..Looking back and reliving the past fun-filled memories is a very good past-time n makes life worth-while..
happy holi..
enjoy!!!

Anonymous March 22, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

Fiction seriously??? Would never have thought so!!! Definitely a GOAL!!

ankitminglani March 23, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

well nice fiction .. close to someones heart i would say who has now passed school ... :) GOAL deifinately

Lancaster Gardener March 23, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

Most certainly not a miss!

S Ramanathan March 24, 2008 at 1:22 AM  

hey!

have u heard abt tis?

www.mmsc-manipal.com

u shud come....its an event for ppl jus like u! pls register!!

Deepz March 24, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

nice post mac..i like de way you proceed it on the postings..keep up..

Shiva March 24, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

gr8 posts
gr8er theme?
chkout

http://www.supershiva.blogspot.com
http://www.versatilecollection.blogspot.com

zazo March 24, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

First, you have a beautiful blog and impressive writing. I think life is a cycle which has to be end one day, every part is beautiful and its ups and downs, though childhood is never to forget but still we have to move on even if we want or not.

Deepz March 24, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

niche post dude..

Anonymous March 24, 2008 at 5:07 PM  

it surely was a goal man... yep its always a pleasant thing to re-live memories...
loved that GM AGM thing...

gud one !!!

Unknown March 25, 2008 at 11:20 AM  

nice.
(could have said more, but you allready have got a tower of comments)

Tina March 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

A definite Goal...Love the feel ...The choice of pic everytin...the first post brings joy into my heart coz it's like my fav climate and the way u have written and the involvement is FANTASTIC..Kudos to u.

Love
Tee

kanika March 25, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

nice blog and nice post

Dhwani March 28, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

beautiful imagery created

Anonymous March 28, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

Surely a Goal Arjun ! i loved the photo :))
Time flies by...
many come...many go...
what remains is memories...and the experiences.
Keep posting - radha

Unknown April 2, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Hey arjun,

Nice blog man....
actually it happens everytime that whn we are in some good thoughts, we will encounter a call.. thats obvious..

Keep going..
And all the best for more blogs...

Keerthana

۩۩Ħǔžĕ₣ắ۩۩ April 4, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

brilliant

scintilla June 5, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

Cute post...nicely written.

Really liked the last paragraph. Just one line describes everything.“ Hey , How about a movie tomorrow Morning Show uh?? ” . Yes , that ended my ‘ Journey to Nostalgia ’. I'm surprised that it's fictional...

Keep writing :)

Rinzu June 24, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

i went back to my skooolll days...


goood one.......


:)

Misty Rhythm August 29, 2008 at 11:34 PM  

oh i completely agree...no time in your life is sweeter than your school days. we rejoice in simple things, our biggest "problem" is perhaps a bad grade!
life gets more complicated as we grow up :(

hhmm 1st shot at fiction...very impressive!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP