The same old silly kids..!!



Over the phone-

Me – “ Why are you following me like the ‘Hutch’ dog?”

Roshan- “ Give me an ‘Idea’ which can change my life.”

Me- “Dude, ‘Think Hatke’.”

Roshan- “I’m just Expressing Myself with my Airtel.”

Me- “I lost my ‘Virgin’ last week. Now I’ve started to wonder if I should ‘Express Myself’ or get followed by the ‘Hutch’ dog.”

Roshan- “Haha... Macha, you haven’t changed one bit. Not one bit.”

Me- “Haha. Same to you.”

This is the problem with school friends. Even, years after passing out of school within no time we end up acting like school kids.

Roshan- “ It’s been four years since we met. You comin’ tomorrow right?”

Me- “ No. I’ve got to meet this guy who cried after his senior in school, Pooja rejected his love letter.” (It was himself of course.)

Roshan- “ Haha. Fuck You. See you tomorrow.” We had fitted ourselves into the ‘spoilt kids’ category where ‘fuck you’ just means ‘Please be quiet’.

Me- “Sure. Cya.” We hung up.

The next day, a Sunday, I reached my old school gates. I was amazed to see the same watchman who was there during my time. My time doesn’t mean like a hundred years, just 6 years but even then I got that weird feeling. Today, I was in fact late by half an hour to the fixed-up time. Roshan wasn’t here yet. In our group of school friends, it was kind of an unwritten rule that the guy who came first for a meeting was the dumb guy. The number of different words with which I used to be addressed, the word ‘dumb guy’ sounded something like calling me ‘Gandhiji’(with due respect). I mean, such were the other words.

So, anyway I waited restlessly looking out for my ‘chaddi dosth’. Meanwhile, an old man asked me for directions to the shopping complex, and me- ‘Mr. Responsible Citizen’, held his hand and took him to the place. He gifted me a pen in return. I thought I should fall to his feet and take blessings, but me, ‘Mr. Shy’ just said thanks and went back to do the thing I’m so used to doing with my girl friend- Waiting. Just as I was about to get irritated I got a hard punch on my back bone and I almost fell forward coughing away. It was that damn Roshan. He said with his knuckles in pain- “Ouchh..!! My knuckles. What do you eat, you idiot?”

I was pissed off with that much pain and replied with difficulty – “ Cow dung. Aahhh…..! How hard you hit me, you asshole… Mr. Pooja.” ( As you know Pooja was his ex-senior girl friend, and Mr.Pooja was his nick name)

He hit me again, twisted my arm and said- “ What?? What?? “

I growled- “ Aaahhh..!! sorry. Mr. Roshan… Roshan.” He released my arm.

I stared at him and laughed and he stared at me and laughed. Then we shook hands and decided to take a walk. We were basically gentlemen. We did some formal enquiries, then talked about this & that and that & this. He asked me if I’m still using my cousin sister’s bicycle. I silenced him with a life threat. Through the walk, we generally talked about our school days, our teachers, life in general ( it was weird though), future, my new neighbour and so on.

We stopped at the bakery, which was our lunch time destination during school. Roshan used to preach and make us follow- “ An Apple Cake a day keeps the Doctor away.” Anyway, we bought and ate two cakes along with 300ml of insecticides, I mean Coke. We continued our walk-the-talk to our school playground and there we did sat-the-talk, what ever that is.

Though this sounds all funny and silly, we were having a great time. We were rekindling the fun of school life, which was the best part of our lives. I tell you, meeting an old friend can be the best rejuvenating experience one can have. We never know why we separate after school. Some never call, some call once a week, and then as time passes by it’ll reduce to a call per year. In a few years we ’d feel there is something missing in the jigsaw and when we meet up with those oldies (wink) it feels we’ve just found the missing block. I certainly felt it that way that day. I felt like I was 13 all over again, though my silly friends keep telling me to ‘grow up’ every now & then.

We then had lunch and left for a game of ‘Bowling’. Then roamed around, discussed matters of national importance such as – Who-is-Miss-India, he blabbered about bikes, we decided to keep meeting often followed by all such routine dialogues. We finally shook hands and decided to leave. As we were about to leave-

Roshan- “ U a ‘Virgin’?”

Me- “No. ‘Hutch’ dog.”

Roshan- “ You haven’t changed one bit. Not one bit.”

Me- “Haha. Same to you.”

25 additions to the crap:

lukkydivz December 10, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

haha! 'HUTCH' DOG had a great time ;)

Shruti December 10, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

hahaha..
had a good laugh..
BTW even i use Fuck You to say shut up...
its so much fun to be with school friends
great post...
and Mr. Pooja??
well...people used to call me by Mrs. Dhar (after my bf's surname) till class 10..
:)

Anonymous December 10, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

ha ha !!
finally i read what i came here looking for :)
you really have a nice way of telling things :) !!

lakky December 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

hiiii sorry i havnt visited ur blog 4 long time...
but tis 1s really gud
my personal fav...
im skoolsick now.. watever that means...
i mis my skol frnds...
lachu

Richa December 10, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

ROFL!!

now this is real good.. n yeah agree totally, wen we r with frnz, it sumthn totally different :D

n tell u, this post after a reunion with my best frnd after a loong time, subsided my mood swing which led to the post today ;)

Anonymous December 10, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

Funny post. :P

Sunil Kosuru December 10, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

and the status of insects in ur intestine?

Tara December 10, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

Aww! Made me think of school again! :') Main sun rahin hoon apni dil ki awaaz, how much I miss my friends! I guess that didn't quite fit too well, just felt like using it! LOL! And yeah, I do think it's one of your best pieces...interspersed with good humor!

"This & that and that & this"
LOL! Good one. :)

Preetilata【ツ】 December 11, 2008 at 2:46 AM  

damn funny.

dats wat with school frens,, a part of u remains a kid :P

Blogger December 11, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

haha..a very nice one arjun..i thot i'l jst copy paste a few of ur one liners to show how much i liked them...but then they got tooo many!! n given the lazy bone i m.... i thot its bettr to say...'all of it ws just gr8 n amazin!!' ;)

ur posts alwys make me smile...even if 'mann na ho..' hehe.. :D

Blogger December 11, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

n why d hell do u moderate comments!!
aisa to kuch censored stuff nhi likhte log..!! lol :P

Arjun December 11, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

I used to get a lot of spam comments.. which pisses me off...
So..the moderation...

And thank u so much for dropping by... :)

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Arjun December 11, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

@Tara

haha... I'm glad..!! Thanks for always dropping by.. :)

@sunny raju

Now i've started eating ants... n trying to drink beer now ;)

@Preetilata
Thank u so much for dropping by...

@Richa

Good good. I'm happy ;)
Thanks

@Pretty Me (Pretty you)

Thank u...

@Shruthi

or Mrs.Dhar.. ;) lol
Thanks man, for ur comments..

Cheers..!!
Arjun

Winnie the poohi December 11, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

LOL!!

Poor spice feels left out!

Arun December 11, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

Whom should i replace roshan with??
Mommy?? :)

Misty Rhythm December 11, 2008 at 11:22 PM  

"wat an idea sirjee!!" ;)
lovely post....remembered skool allover again! isn't it funny how skool jokes never become stale :)

Navchawla December 12, 2008 at 2:59 AM  

Hi, m a friend of ur friend and visited ur blog...i appreciate ur way of writing..u r an amazing blogger...keep posting n stay in touch
http://naveensinsights.blogspot.com/

Anonymous December 12, 2008 at 7:05 AM  

That was nice!
Had a good laugh...
Its so much fun to sometimes just forget that we are grown up and act as kids!

joie de vivre December 12, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

hehe
it must be real funn
nothin can bring back those glorious days

cowdung..asshole..hutch..idea..lol

Arjun December 12, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

@ Neha

Very true 'sirjee' ;) ;)

@WInnie

Spice... Oh tats terrible. It doesn't catch the signal if it's inside the pocket...

@Navchawla

Thank u.. Thank u.. :)

@Meera

Yeah..!! I always do.... :)

@Joiedivire

True.. Thanks :)

Chintan Patel December 13, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

Wow... This post was really gripping. You said "it may sound funny and silly" but it didnt sound silly at all...

Anonymous December 13, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

yah
I still have this.... sadly and I'm young dammit
but it happens


I'm always checkin in
gosh
don't be so mean ... you should come by mine too ya know ^_-
haha just giving u crap :D

Anonymous December 13, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

LOL !! amazing !!
...
I'm going to miss my school so much now :(
...
The initial conversation between you and Roshan -- ROFL !

Sumanth December 18, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

LOL!
gud one!

Asmita Nandedkar January 19, 2009 at 3:29 AM  

amazingly told.

Ah! school :).

i like yout tit-bits that u start each post with, the are the soul of the post :).

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP