My Street's Ramayan..!!

In my street, there are two girls with the same name, both their dads bald and of course irritating. Both the Priyankas spent a lot of their high school days staring at me. Like all intelligent girls, they stopped it once I started staring back. Their dads, whom I suppose had an antenna fixed to their bald heads started receiving bad signals. Priyanka1’s dad, Mr. I-am-a-Disco-Dancer came to me one day and said “I know your dad very well.” The dumb fellow I was then, I thought – “so what?” Anyway, Priyanka2’s dad Mr. I-know-everything-other-than-what-my-daughter-is-doing wasn’t posing a problem. At least I thought so. P2’s mom wasted no time in setting her husband’s antenna right and since then, they never missed an opportunity to hurl very dirty looks at me. But man, it was too much. It was not that I had taken the girls out for a date or something. All I did was to just exhibit a small little, harmless, not-so-innocent smile. I do that with my neighbouring granny too (“not-so-innocent” doesn’t apply here). And more over, not that I see those Priyankas everyday. They are like our street’s VVIPs. You can’t catch them unless you fix a chair outside their gate and wait for them whole day long. Anyway, it’s been a long time now and I’m not interested in them at all. Thought of writing this after an incident that happened just this morning. Mr. I-am-a-Disco-Dancer crashed his 2-wheeler onto me. I didn’t fall. He fell. (Hope those antennas are broken now.)

Then to Mr. James Bond. Just opposite to my house, stays a young man of age 65. He rides a ‘Scooty Pep’ and wears a psychopath killer’s rain coat. He starts all his replies with- “No pa, it’s naat like that.” I can have a never ending conversation with him; the trick- I also start my reply with- “No uncle. It’s not like that.” It never ends, I tell you. Just last week, I had a Cricket discussion with him. He stated his theories on a few technical stuff and I bet if a professional cricketer had heard that, he would have committed a violent suicide. But he’s a nice man; he gifted me a blue Rain-coat and a wrist watch which had a Mickey-Mouse in it.



Then to my neighboring Granny. She is our street’s News agency. From who bought which television set to whose wife is pregnant, she knows it all. If there is one human being that I pity the most, it is her servant maid. Poor lady, I just hope at times, she was deaf and dumb. My mom talked to granny a couple of days back and brought me news that P1 is doing her MBA now. She also informed that P1’s dad, Mr. I-am-a-Disco-Dancer is a rich man. See, what all I get to hear and what all gets me tempted? :P

And finally, there is this tenant of ours, a newly married guy working in IBM. He thinks an earth-quake happens once in every week. He goes to work at 10 and is back by 5; doesn’t work from home. He gets a head massage every Sunday because he thinks he is stressed out. His wife doesn’t know anything but hindi; my mom hardly knows any hindi; when both of them talk I’d rather get a packet of pop-corn, throw all the movie CDs aside, sit and enjoy.

Anyway, now I’ll throw the ball into your court. Any interesting neighbors?? Any interesting characters?? Do share.

Until next time- yenjoyyy. ;)

27 additions to the crap:

Swetha November 27, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

ha ha :) Oye.. your neighbors are just like you, no doubt in it!
i like reading your stories.. keep posting about it!

Blogger November 27, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

sooooper fun fan!! :D
really a very funny post...enjoyed it thoroughly!!

mast mast :D :D

Intern November 27, 2009 at 8:44 PM  

oh, ive seen a lot of those granny's
theyr so irritatin !

i have an intrestin person living a floor below :D. a retired judge, who i doubt never had a case after beuing crowned judge :P

they r the type of ppl who think they own the building coz they live on the ground floor.. :D

ill write a post on them as soon as i gather many info ;)

thanx for the initiation :D

tejuvinay November 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

newly married


when both of them talk I’d rather get a packet of pop-corn, throw all the movie CDs aside, sit and enjoy.

dude, NOT cool. :P

Saurabh Panshikar November 28, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

dude you even got one priyanka commenting on your post! lol

I enjoyed reading it to the core! I got some psycho neighbors too... Will write about them sometime...

BTW I've written a post about one of my neighbor.... But it has a serious shade to it...

Do check it out if you're in the mood for it.

http://stuffilearnttoday.blogspot.com/2009/09/till-death-do-us-part.html

Matangi Mawley November 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

I now get from where u get all your 'sense of humour'!!

Loved tht!

Well.. my neighbours may not be that interesting- but my mom sure is!!

My mom knows hindi- i mean she understands very well.. but she never gets over that mallu accent of hers. it seriously sounds like a brand new language when she speaks!

accompanying my mom to get the groceries had always been fun.. this once- in chetla market, kolkata- a day in my life that i had never managed to forget- mom n i out shopping.. mom reads out the list(bengali)- 'beyigoon'(begoon), 'aeloo' (aaloo), 'putool' (pottol) and so on.. the shopkeeper had a tough time guessing whatever came out of her mouth.. suddenly- mom reads out.. 'dil'!

he paused and looked at her.. she didnt mind though.. 'jeldi do baiya.. dil..' he: ki boudi? (what bhabhiji?) mom: dil chahiyey baiya.. time hoo rahaa hei..

poor fellow! it took him 10 minutes to figure out that all that she wanted was 'thil'!

Arjun November 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM  

@Inty

haha... yemi?? wat? wat? wat?? :P

Thanks ;)

@fan

fan u r here even without an invitation... is this real or wat?? :P

Thanks fan...

Thanks..!!
Arjun

Arjun November 28, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

@Shimmer

heheh.. write write... ;)

@Saurabh

First of all.. Thank u so much for all the lovely comments recently on my blog bro... Really humbled :)

haha.. This Priyanka stays too far away frm me... :P

Thanks Bro.. And i shall surely read it... :)

Arjun November 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

@Tejesh

haha.. dude... I dint mean the couple talking.. I meant my mom and that lady talking..... :P Read it again... ;)

@matangi

hahahaha.... lol lol lol... :P

I know a person who speaks Hindi with a Tamil accent... Like paanch rubaaa (5 rupees).. hehe :P

Thanks..!!
Arjun

Matangi Mawley November 28, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

@ arjun..

:) my dad on the other hand- is more used to bengali.. i have heard him say once.. 'paththu taka'- the ulta case of wht u had mentioned..!
bt tht was only one incident- there r so many such things with my mom- being the protagonist.. i never get bored!

Richa November 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

i really am wanting to read it.. i come almost time and go back.. ur background hurts my eyes a lot! am i growng old or my eyes loosing the 6X6 effect?

Arjun November 28, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

@matangi

haha... ;) lol

@Richa

Wat background?? I mean.. Its a black background with white text na... Tell me wat changes shld be made....

Do let me know...

Thanks..!!
Arjun

Thoorika November 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

Dude all the people out here are like your grannu oly.. even the kids.. though there range is different.. the 6 year old guy downstairs knows the reason as why his 5 year old girl neighbour didnt come out to play yest.. even my mom wont be able to tell the correct time i come back home from clg.. sometimes it feels like putting up a "stop being noisy" board outside the door!

Noble Beeyotch November 29, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Hahaha...such a hilarious post...i could actually relate to some of your neighborhood characters....I have a lot of psychos living in my neighborhood too....*the guy who lives next-door is a murderer, for real!*

Anyway, you have a fun blog and i will be back to read more.

www.callmestylsita.blogspot.com

Poshin_david November 29, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Lolz...good one mate.

Priya Joyce November 29, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

**His wife doesn’t know anything but hindi; my mom hardly knows any hindi; when both of them talk I’d rather get a packet of pop-corn, throw all the movie CDs aside, sit and enjoy.

damn tat i am not there...I'd have love to see the show :P

and yeah..well i ddn't know ter's a spl rain coat for psychopath killers :P
u live in a wonderful place..or rather u make it or look at it wonderfully

loved this

emo kar diyaa :P:D

lakky November 30, 2009 at 6:57 AM  

super,fantastic mindblowin.... :P
i duno mr compliments to say

Anonymous November 30, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

lol
enjoyed reading it very much!

Anonymous November 30, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

lols.. innocent smiles to cute gals r always mistaken by strict dads.. :P especially when the smiles come from a dude with his mouth wide open :P

btw, this is arun :) on yet another new blog :D

Arjun November 30, 2009 at 4:28 PM  

@Thoorika

haha.. same everywhere.. :)

@Noble Beeyotch

haha.. Thanks For visiting gal :)

I loved ur url... hahaha :)

Thanks..!!
Arjun

Arjun November 30, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Christopher

Thanks dude.. :)

@PJ

haha.. It's just a normal place ya... It's just another way of looking at it... ;)

Thanks..!!
Arjun

Arjun November 30, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

@lachu

Thank u

@Yemiledu

Glad... :D

@Arun

yevalo blogs da??? :P

hehe.. u r ryt... Mouths open.. eye-brows irregular.. :P

Thanks..!!
Arjun

RiĆ  December 1, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

u hav some really interesting neighbours. :P Ask abt my neighbours, i dont even know tht they exist! :D

Dr Riya December 1, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

Cool awesome post.. Very funny..:-) nice interestin neighbours u hav.. U write humor very well..

Sorcerer December 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM  

haha..
that was awesome..
that was very funny and cool.

Swetha Padakandla December 4, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

hey
this was cool

nice reading about ur neighbors..
and ur fun and intelligent way of expressing was gud as always! :)

cheers

parzi December 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM  

heyyy Arjun....
how have u been....?????sooo sorry for being soooooooo late!
n here i am smiling again...hahahahah...urs is a very entertaining neighborhood...fantastic...no need for any recreational activity ya...no newspapers..no television..no laughter clubs...no movies...u have everything at ur doorstep!
what fun...wish my my neighbors were that entertaining i'm sending them for training to ur neighbors...:p..hilarious post...now dont ask me to criticise coz i cant...kuch hona bhi toh chaiye..to point out...all i can say is keep it up!
n hey thank u soooooooooo much for visiting my blog in my absence...n for all d wishes....thanks a ton...really very nice of u...as for now i m back with my longggggg comments...so kindly bear!
take care!
keep smiling!
God bless!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP